Home > United States > Products > Band Instruments > Trumpets > 1BSSPG Bb Trumpet

CG Conn Professional Model 1BSSPG Bb Trumpet

About the Model 1BSSPG

C.G. Conn brings back old-world craftsmanship in the Vintage One series. Bell and leadpipe options allow any player to find the perfect combination of sound and playing characteristics. Combining the research of classic design and the precision of modern technology, Vintage One is the ultimate in trumpet performance.
1BSSPG Trumpet

The Vintage One was 1BSSPG Bb trumpet designed to be well balanced and compatible with the player's concept of sound. The Vintage One Bb trumpet combines a responsive .459" medium-large bore, a rich resonant one-piece hand-hammered Sterling bell, a #46 standard mouthpipe for controlled response, two tuning slides, both traditional "D" shaped and single radius for choice in resistance, smooth action Monel pistons, a patented adjustable Modular Valve Weight (MVW) system, and a silver-plate finish with gold-plate trim providing a beautiful and controlled brilliance to the overall sound. All of these features make the Conn Vintage One model trumpets the most versatile single trumpet outfit available today.

Conn "Vintage One" - .459" Medium-large bore, one-piece hand-hammered Sterling silver bell, #46 standard leadpipe, two tuning slides, Monel pistons, silver-plate finish with gold plate trim, patented Modular Valve Weight (MVW) system, CKB 1-1/2C mouthpiece, 7910C double woodshell case.

Leave a Review

Leave a Reply



(Your email will not be publicly displayed.)

Please type the letters and numbers shown in the image.
Captcha Code

Click the image to see another captcha.




Brass_Testing.jpg

Charles Gerard Conn was the patriarch of musical instrument manufacturing in Elkhart, Indiana.  In 1873, following a brawl in a bar which resulted in a split lip, C.G. Conn developed a brass mouthpiece with a rubber rim.  Conn converted an old sewing machine to a lathe and set-up a shop building these mouthpieces.  In 1875, a French instrument maker named Dupont began repairing instruments in Conn’s shop.  After watching him work for a few days, Conn believed he could build his own instrument.  In that same year, Colonel Conn would build the first American made cornet.

By 1879, Conn moved operations into larger quarters and began making other instruments.  In 1880, the town of Elkhart, Indiana became so enamored with C.G. Conn they elected him as their Mayor.  During his second term, he was forced to resign due to a factory fire in 1883.  The factory was rebuilt bigger and better and production continued.  By 1893 his instruments were awarded the highest honors in the World’s Columbia Exposition in Chicago. 

The Colonel loved strange and bizarre instruments.  In 1907, he built an immensaphone, the largest horn in the world at 12 feet in diameter and 35 feet long.  Conn also continued on a series of “firsts”, building the first American made saxophone and the first sousaphone, built to John Philip Sousa’s specifications. 

In 1915, Conn retired and the company was purchased by Carl Greenleaf.  The business was renamed C.G. Conn Ltd.  During this era, Carl Greenleaf began the National School Band Movement.  In 1923, Greenleaf established the first National Band Contest in Chicago, and the Conn National School of Music, also in Chicago.  In 1928, he supported the National Music Camp located in Interlochen, Michigan. 

The company flourished until World War II.  In 1942, the factory retooled to manufacture compasses, altimeters, and other items related to the war effort.  During this time, many of Conn’s dealers turned to smaller instrument makers who were allowed to manufacture instruments on a limited basis.  Coming out of wartime production, Conn found difficulty regaining its position as the number one band instrument maker. 

In 1969, the Greenleaf family sold the business to Crowell-Collier MacMillan, a publishing company.  Manufacturing of Conn instruments was split between Nogales, Arizona and Abilene, Texas; the Elkhart factory was sold to the Selmer Company.

In the 80’s through a series of mergers, C.G. Conn Ltd was combined with Slingerland Drum Company, Artley, Scherl & Roth, and several other musical instrument manufacturers and distributors to eventually form United Musical Instruments (UMI).  In 2002, UMI merged with the Selmer Company to form Conn-Selmer, Inc. and later in 2004 merged with G. Leblanc Corporation.

 

Locate a Store Nearest You

Enter a city, state, postal code or country 





Copyright 2014 Conn-Selmer, Inc.
Home | United States